Amanda J. Alasauskas
Areas Of Practice
- Insurance Defense
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Entertainment Law
- Illinois, 2017
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 2017
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 2017
- Honors: Founder, Entertainment and Sports Law Society
- Major: Intellectual Property
- Indiana University, Bloomington
- B.A. - 2014
- Major: Criminal Justice
Click Here for Attorney Bio
The power of the lawyer is in the uncertainty of the law.
– Jeremy Bentham
The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.
– Chinese Proverb
A Few of Amanda Alasauskas’ Favorite Things…
Amanda is an assistant wedding photographer in her spare time.
She has two dogs, Harley and Apollo, who are black German Shepherd/Corgi mixes.
Amanda was sorted into Slytherin.
More About Amanda:
I am involved with the Associate Board for Lawyers for the Creative Arts. I believe that music is the most powerful form of communication.
- A Young Lawyer’s Perspective: How “Bigly” is the Future of the Music Industry? It’s “Yuge!”, Ent’mt & Sports Lawyer, Winter 2018, at 60
- A Young Lawyer’s Perspective: Trademarks, Counterfeits, and Piracy! Oh, My! — Hot Topics in Global Intellectual Property, Ent’mt & Sports Lawyer, Winter 2018, at 64
- Save Rock and Roll: A Look at Rights Afforded to Pre-1972 Sound Recordings and Why Federalization Should Be Granted, 66 DePaul L. Rev. 265 (2017)
- A Law Student’s Perspective: Digital Get Down—Music Licensing in the Digital Age, Ent’mt & Sports Lawyer, Winter 2016, at 75
- Third Circuit Strikes Down New Jersey Sports Gambling Law…Again, Pokémon Go and Sue for Nuisance!, Wiz Khalifa Pulls a 180 on Record Company Concerning 360 Deal, in Fall 2016 Litigation Update, Ent’mt & Sports Lawyer, Fall 2016, at 11, 33–35
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- American Bar Association, Entertainment and Sports Lawyer
- American Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Young Lawyer Assistant Editor
- Lawyers for the Creative Arts, Board Secretary
Back To Our Team