Bethany N. White
Areas Of Practice
- Workers’ Compensation
- Product Liability
- Civil Defense Litigation
- General Counsel
- Supreme Court, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- Northern Illinois University College of Law, DeKalb, Illinois
- J.D., 2006
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- B.A., 2003
- Major: Rhetoric
All advocacy is, at its core, an exercise in empathy.
– Samantha Power
A Few of Bethany White’s Favorite Things…
Bethany lives in Chicago with her husband, 2 children and Saint Bernard named Lucy.
Bethany is a terrible cook but loves food, especially unique and creative culinary creations.
Scary Movies & True Crime Podcasts
More About Bethany:
I think one of my greatest assets is my sense of humor.
I love music, especially rock and roll and seeing music live. I have a huge collection of T-shirts from shows I’ve been to.
One of the things that I think makes me a good lawyer is that I have a way with words and revel in the ability to tell a compelling story.
- Don’t Be “That Guy” (or Girl): Potential Pitfalls in Landing and Maintaining Clients, DRI Women in the Law Seminar, Scottsdale, AZ, February, 2017
- No “I” In Team: Exploring the Value of A Collaborative and Proactive Approach to the Handling and Defense of Workers’ Compensation Claims, Green Bay, WI, June, 2016
- What Matters: Aspects of Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law for Businesses and Business Attorneys, Chicago, IL, April, 2015
- Reform Reality: How to Incorporate the 2011 Changes to the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Act in Claims Handling, 2012
- Ethical Conundrums and Possible Missteps in Landing and Maintaining Clients, October, 2016
- Overview of Illinois Workers’ Compensation Law, Omaha, NE, December, 2019
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Defense Research Institute, Workers’ Compensation Subcommittee, Community Page, Chair, Vice Chair, 2014
- Defense Research Institute, Women in the Law Subcommittee
- Defense Research Institute, Trial Tactics Subcommittee, Annual Meeting Subcommittee, Vice Chair, 2017 to Present
- Defense Research Institute, Philanthropic Activities Committee, Awards Subcommittee, Vice Chair, 2017
- Defense Research Institute, Philanthropic Activities Committee, Awards Chair, 2017 to 2018
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance, Premium Member
- Defense Research Institute, Annual Meeting Subcommittee, vice Chair, 2016
- Defense Research Institute, Meeting Subcommittee, Chair, 2017
- Defense Research Institute, Seminar Activities, Chair, 2018 to 2020
- Defense Research Institute, Women In the Law Committee, Liaison